Few things you need to know about French Cheese
When it comes to cheese , varieties of different types of them are available ; however, if you’re looking for the best quality, in that case French cheese would just the perfect option for you. French cheese is available in different textures flavors and shapes; to be precise, there are 500 different types of them which are available. From mild to strong ; soft to hard, French cheese has been one of the most popular of ingredients to be used in preparation of different types of cuisines for a long. of time.
French cheese is made from cow, sheep or goat milk. Cheese prepared in France is known to be soft, tender and delicious. Having a cracker or snacks with some cheese is a very common habit in France. Besides, they are also very rich in calcium and protein, which adds an additional value to them.
What are the some of the most popular types of French cheese?
As mentioned, there are almost 500 different types of cheese which are produced in France. Here is a list of some of the most popular ones which are known for their test, flavor and richness.
Apart from these , various other types of French cheese which are available.
How to preserve French Cheese?
French cheese are special; however, proper measures needs to be adopted in order to make sure that they are preserved properly. Here are a couple of tips which can help you make sure that your French cheese lasted for a long period of time, without losing its flavor, color or test.
- You need to ensure that the French cheese is wrapped tightly and stored in a dry and cool place.
- When it comes to serving, these types of cheese should be served at a room temperature. Therefore, it is important for you to make sure that you have removed it from the refrigerator well in advance.
- If you are planning to cut the cheese into pieces ; the best time would be when it is out of the refrigerator and is hard and solid .
- Cheese which are available in rectangular and cylinder shape easy to cut into slices.
Using a cheese wheel can make the process of cutting easy for you . Besides you can also use cookie cutters
Few of the Popular Regional Cheese in France
In France, different types of cheese is produced in all sorts of flavors. Here are some of the most popular ones.
- Mimolette Cheese: It has a hint of orange color to it, this cheese tastes quite similar to that of Parmesan cheese.
- Coulommiers Cheese: This is another very popular regional cheese of France, and is produced in the South Eastern part of Paris.
- Brie Cheese: Another very popular cheese to be manufactured in the region of Paris.
French cheese is available in different flavors; however, one of the important features of French Cheese is the fact that all of them are extremely creamy. Looking for Ile de France cheese? The online stores would be the best options for you.