Are you feeling tired of eating a daily home-cooked meal and feel like having some fancy dinner at home? But you do not feel like going out, so want to make a quick meal? You can follow this blog to get the tasty Braised Salmon Head with Soy Sauce (หัว ปลา ต้ม ซี อิ้ ว, which is the term in Thai) by baking it and some salmon recipes that you can quickly make.
If you’re on a diet, then having salmon in your diet is an excellent addition to protein and omega-3 fatty acid. You can cook the salmon very quickly like other fishes if you have chopped them into small pieces. You do not need to have a mastery of cooking as simple basic cooking will do.
Prepare the Salmon:
Kindly take out the frozen salmon to a plastic bag and immerse it in icy water. Keep changing water after every 30 minutes to keep it refrigerated. Do this until it gets thawed.
- Salmon Skin removal is an alternative option to peel off the skin using a sharp knife before baking, or you can also do it afterward. It gets easier to peel off after bake as it slips off easily.
- Remove Pin Bones, Mostly when you buy fish from the market, they remove maximum pin bones, but there are a few left behind, which you must remove before baking. For cleanly removing these, you can use needle-nose pliers and make sure to keep them dedicated to use for kitchen purposes only.
- Dry the fish: Rinse the fish before baking but make sure that you pat it dry with a clean tissue or towel.
- Try to cut into small pieces: The larger pieces can consume more time to bake than the small ones. But it is all on your preference of which size of salmon would be suitable for you to serve.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle some olive oil over the salmon or melted butter and seasoning as desired. You can check if it is cooked by inserting a fork inside, and if it flakes, you know it is cooked.
Serve the Braised Salmon Head with Soy Sauce for the delicious quick restaurant type dinner at home. Once you are good with baking, you can try grilling for that smokey taste.
Benefits of Salmon Head:
- Protein-Rich Content.
- Contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- It Sharpens Your Eye Sights And Healthy For Your Brain.
- It Helps The Diabetic Patient As It Increases Immunity.